BLOOD DONATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL
You can support patients in need by making a lifesaving blood donation with Vitalant.
Folsom Community Blood Drive
Saturday, September 17
10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma Street, Folsom CA 96530
Make an appointment, use code SMFM396.
Walk-ins will be accommodated if space allows.
Preparing for your blood donation:
- For eligibility questions call Vitalant at 877-258-4825 or go to vitalant.org/blood-donation-requirements (website includes COVID 19 eligibility info).
- The entire donation process takes about one hour and the actual blood donation takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Blood donors must be 16 years old and there is no upper age limit. Donors must be in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- 16-year-olds must have a signed Vitalant parent consent form.
- Please bring a photo I.D.
- Eat a hearty iron-rich meal about two hours prior to donating.
- Drink plenty of water prior to donation (two to three 8-ounce bottles of water two hours before donating).
- Know the time you spend donating blood can help save a life!
- Learn more: Making a lifesaving blood donation with Vitalant.