BLOOD DONATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL
You can support patients in need by making a lifesaving blood donation with Vitalant.
Folsom Community Blood Drive
Saturday, September 18
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma Street, Folsom CA 96530
Make an appointment, use code SMFM396.
Walk-ins will be accommodated if space allows.
Preparing for your blood donation:
- Donors must wear a face covering.
- For eligibility questions or to set up your Vitalant donor account call Vitalant at 866-822-5663.
- Donors must bring a photo I.D.
- Drink plenty of water the day before and day of donation – drink four 8 ounce bottles of water on the day of donation.
- Eat well including iron-rich foods.
- Must be free of cold and flu symptoms for 72 hours.
- You must be 16 years old to donate and there is no upper age limit. 16 year old’s must have a signed Vitalant parent consent form which can be found at vitalant.org
- TATTOOS: You will not be deferred for getting a tattoo if you received the tattoo from a professional establishment which is defined as a facility (e.g., tattoo parlor, tattoo studio, tattoo shop) that uses sterile (single use) needles only and does not re-use ink. In addition, the professional establishment must be on the Approved States for Tattoos list to be eligible. California is one of the approved states for tattoos. If you received a tattoo from another state please call Vitalant at 1-877-258-4825 to check on your eligibility status.